Skip to main content

But did you die?!

Burpees.

Yea.  8 rounds of those suckers AT THE END OF A WORKOUT (including a run).

Done.

I survived, obviously.  (I'm here writing it down.)

Steph says when the workout is hard..."yea, but did you die?!"  Ok, ok... :)

I've been a bit nervous about starting off these last two weeks with this 30 day Shred program with Kyle gone (feeling lonely eating??) and so busy with kids that workouts won't happen.  Only on the 3rd day with him gone and so far - so good.  Sticking to it.

(It helps too that at night I don't want to go into the kitchen at the risk of seeing little critters that think they can enter my home.) #thatsanotherstory

I did a weight check and inches check this morning and happy to say that I lost 3.9 pounds this past week and 7.5 inches total.

What brings my heart happy is that I am now 2 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Man, that feels good.  But, I'll be honest - my body doesn't look like what it did before sweet Lydia - even with only 2 pounds to go.  Ha!  Those babies does something to ya ;)

Next goal after those 2 pounds is to lose that 8 pounds that steroid medication has added.  Boom!  Bye, bye weight.  Hello, muscle!

I am feeling strong.  I see little muscles popping up that I haven't noticed in a while.

Slow and steady.

I feel like that's the key.

It was key the first time around for me - slow and steady.  Small changes.  Eliminate 1 Coke a day.  Switch from white rice to brown rice.  Order small fry instead of a large one.  Little changes.  All those little changes add up to big changes.  Drop the caramel from the latte.  Eek, that was hard.  But not as hard as dropping ketchup.  Oh man.

One thing that keeps me going...honestly...is my kids.  They are watching.  Paying attention.

Natalie, especially.  She's watching how I care for my body.  She hears what I say about myself.

I want her to be healthy and enjoy life.  Enjoy going on a hike (Lauren Minshew!!).  Enjoy swimming.  Take dance.  Enjoy a kiwi.  Go out and savor a chocolate chip cookie.  Well rounded.

I read somewhere recently an article about how we as moms are to talk to our daughters about our bodies.  Basically, don't talk....  (I wish I had the link to add it here.).

But, instead, show through action.  Show her that I love going for a walk or run and how great it feels.  Feel confident.  Teach her how to make cinnamon rolls for Christmas Day.  Teach her how to make an amazing quinoa salad.  Encourage her mind strength.  Balance.

I like that.

I'm entering week 3 tomorrow.  Halfway done.  Things get a bit tighter these next 2 weeks.  Game is going to be up'ed.

Excited to see what happens.

Although, not too excited to see burpees on the workout schedule again.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Day I Threw Out the Scale

A week ago I parted ways with our bathroom scale. Adios. Kwaheri. So long. See ya later. It didn't say what I wanted it to...so I tossed it out. :) True statement. But, a bit more to it than that. In about 10 days time, I gained 5kg. Folks, that's 11 pounds. Honestly, it's just not possible. Ok, maybe it is possible in a certain setting. But, I wasn't eating food like that to gain that weight or it wasn't like I wasn't not working out. It didn't make sense. Lack of sleep. (Tried to nap today.  Kyle declares me the worst napper ever.  He says I'm worse when I nap.  Thanks, love.) Stress. Sick.  (Just found out that this nasty lingering cough/tiredness for the past 6-7 weeks all of us have had is walking pneumonia.) Maybe it was my RA meds?  I've been on them for a while but maybe something shifted and that caused the weight gain? Maybe something else? I don't know. It was so depressing to know I just dropp

How does she do it?

There was a movie years back with that title, I think. Basically wondering how a mom could balance all the different area of life and keep it looking pretty good. Here's the answer: she's not doing it all. It's just not possible to "have it all together". Gah. Why do I try? Because I'm human.  And I'm ridiculous.  And I think I can. My kids keep me in check most of the time. Oh mom, you wanted to blow dry your hair in the morning?  And have that extra time to shave your legs in the shower? Mom, you're crazy.  You are just hanging with us.  No need to dry your hair or shave your legs!  Plus, I need you to hurry up and get out of the shower and tell Daddy that I can have chocolate for breakfast.  Puh-lease! Somedays I wonder why I even have a beautiful dry erase board to write down all my tasks for the day.  They just don't get done. What do I do all day then?  Where does my time go? (We won't go here because most parents

A twist on taco night!

Oh. my. goodness. These honey-lime sweet potato, black bean, & corn tacos were DELISH. We ate it up so fast that I forgot to even take a picture of how lovely it was. Please, please, please make these.  So good. A couple changes we did though: We put the mixture of the potatoes, beans, & corn on a bed of lettuce (1 cup).   I decreased the amount of honey it calls for from 3 TBSP to 1 TBSP and it was still plenty sweet.  I think next time I might omit it altogether b/c the sweet potatoes are well…already sweet.   For the toppings, we skipped the cheese and topped with 1 TBSP homemade guacamole and 1 TBSP homemade salsa.   It was a quick meal too to make.  Bonus for busy nights.   For those of you that count calories…it was a bit over 300 calories (around 310) for 1 heaping cup of the bean/potato/corn mixture (actually 1 1/6 cups) plus 2 cups of lettuce and 2 TBSP of each homemade guacamole and salsa.  To make it feel like I had "seconds" - I did a