Skip to main content

Results are in...

I made it one week trying to "re-jump" things after hitting what feels like a huge plateau.  

4 3/4 inches down.

2.6 pounds down.  

Confidence gained.  

And...huge news here: no pain at all related with RA.  (yay for drugs working!) 

Fave recipe of the week was this delish salad (for 1 serving):

-toss fave mixed greens on plate (2 cups-ish)
-add 1/3 cup quinoa (a bit more if you are a male)
-sprinkle some fresh basil and 1 oz crumbled feta cheese
-throw in a handful of cherry tomatoes 
-top with 4 oz of white fish (6oz for men)
-oh, and about 3/4-1 cup roasted broccoli

Pour this dressing on top:
-1/8 tsp minced garlic
-1/8 tsp dijon mustard (we just used reg mustard)
-1/8 tsp fresh lemon juice
-1/2 tbsp olive oil
-1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
-pinch of salt
-add stevia if you want (we don't have that here, so I did the smallest bit of honey)

Toughest exercise?  Still burpees.  I know there will be a special place in heaven for all the people that love burpees.  I, for one, will not be sitting at that cool table.  

I even teared up this week...after being pain free...at the possibility of being able to run again and do races with my husband.  Well, you know, him finishing way ahead of me and then waiting at the finish line for 30 hours for me to finish!  Yay!    

Things are looking good at the moment.  

Week 2 begins tomorrow morning with skull crushers, bench presses, stability ball tucks, plank, and my love - burpees.  

#accountability 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Day I Threw Out the Scale

A week ago I parted ways with our bathroom scale. Adios. Kwaheri. So long. See ya later. It didn't say what I wanted it to...so I tossed it out. :) True statement. But, a bit more to it than that. In about 10 days time, I gained 5kg. Folks, that's 11 pounds. Honestly, it's just not possible. Ok, maybe it is possible in a certain setting. But, I wasn't eating food like that to gain that weight or it wasn't like I wasn't not working out. It didn't make sense. Lack of sleep. (Tried to nap today.  Kyle declares me the worst napper ever.  He says I'm worse when I nap.  Thanks, love.) Stress. Sick.  (Just found out that this nasty lingering cough/tiredness for the past 6-7 weeks all of us have had is walking pneumonia.) Maybe it was my RA meds?  I've been on them for a while but maybe something shifted and that caused the weight gain? Maybe something else? I don't know. It was so depressing to know I just dropp

How does she do it?

There was a movie years back with that title, I think. Basically wondering how a mom could balance all the different area of life and keep it looking pretty good. Here's the answer: she's not doing it all. It's just not possible to "have it all together". Gah. Why do I try? Because I'm human.  And I'm ridiculous.  And I think I can. My kids keep me in check most of the time. Oh mom, you wanted to blow dry your hair in the morning?  And have that extra time to shave your legs in the shower? Mom, you're crazy.  You are just hanging with us.  No need to dry your hair or shave your legs!  Plus, I need you to hurry up and get out of the shower and tell Daddy that I can have chocolate for breakfast.  Puh-lease! Somedays I wonder why I even have a beautiful dry erase board to write down all my tasks for the day.  They just don't get done. What do I do all day then?  Where does my time go? (We won't go here because most parents

A twist on taco night!

Oh. my. goodness. These honey-lime sweet potato, black bean, & corn tacos were DELISH. We ate it up so fast that I forgot to even take a picture of how lovely it was. Please, please, please make these.  So good. A couple changes we did though: We put the mixture of the potatoes, beans, & corn on a bed of lettuce (1 cup).   I decreased the amount of honey it calls for from 3 TBSP to 1 TBSP and it was still plenty sweet.  I think next time I might omit it altogether b/c the sweet potatoes are well…already sweet.   For the toppings, we skipped the cheese and topped with 1 TBSP homemade guacamole and 1 TBSP homemade salsa.   It was a quick meal too to make.  Bonus for busy nights.   For those of you that count calories…it was a bit over 300 calories (around 310) for 1 heaping cup of the bean/potato/corn mixture (actually 1 1/6 cups) plus 2 cups of lettuce and 2 TBSP of each homemade guacamole and salsa.  To make it feel like I had "seconds" - I did a