Skip to main content

Hitting goals

I'm excited about today.  I will have a short Q&A on my favorite blog, Running for Cookies, site later today about losing 100+ pounds.  Can't wait to read it and to read everyone else's stories!

But…in other news...

This past week has been rough on our family.   My family has been sick for the past one and half weeks - even our baby girl.  She has the most sad cough that I wish I could just take away from her.  (Mine is just silly mastitis…again.  Seriously, you can go away and never come back.)  

Even with all this sickness, I managed to still eat well and workout 5 days last week (although at times I don't know how I still got that many workouts in - even one day with running 9 miles.)  

Kyle and I were talking this morning about hitting my goals.  I get SO nervous before I meet them - like really nervous.  I do feel like I'm doing all the right things - eating well and working out and so I can't be hard on myself if I don't meet them.  

Which then Kyle responds to this with "but you haven't not met any of your goals yet - and you've hit them all early".  Ok, fine, he has a point - but I will say there is an anxiety that comes on for me.  

And I think it's made me more nervous lately.  I was trying to think of why and I think I've heard of many stories where people "stall out" on losing inches and weight and I don't want that.  

I like to keep things fresh in my workouts (and in the kitchen too) and sometimes I'm nervous that I'm limited in that because of where I live.  

I want to keep getting fit.  I desire to see more muscles pop up and things become more defined (as well as more inches to decrease and to lose more weight).  

And, I want to train hard.  I want to dream big.  

Like signing up for my first sprint tri!  (WHAT?!?!  Did Sarah just do that?  Did I just speak in 3rd person?)  

I want to do things that the old me never would have dreamed of.  Dreaming big, friends.  

So, the past week and half or so my body didn't really decrease in inches or weight.  But, then this morning - I had another big weight loss.  

My sister mentioned to me that it seems that my body tends to do that - hold onto things/maintain a certain weight for about 2 weeks and then do a big drop.  

I looked over my charts I've made (yep, I've been tracking everything) and she was right.  As I looked at each Wednesday for almost the past year - about every 2 weeks there is a bigger drop and then things remain the same.  

I think it's just those 2 weeks for me make me so nervous when things aren't changing and it's hard to trust (of course!) that I'm not stalling out and that I will hit my goals.  

Anyone else been there?  Experiencing this too right now?  

Feel free to share! 

Comments

  1. Loved seeing your story on Katie's blog today!! She has become a favorite blog for me and I have been excited to read everyone's 100 pounds of awesomeness stories!! (I'm forty down so almost halfway!!) Odd as it may sound I always feel like I know folks who live overseas even though I've never lived in Africa, just because I grew up overseas on the mission field (PNG) and know life outside there States. :) And yes, it took getting used to calling chips fries once I moved back here too! Thanks for being brave enough to share!! - Sarah F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I'm just now seeing this! I think the replies to my posts go to my media/social folder in my email and I always think it's FB notifications…ha! I need to check it more often :) Thank you for your sweet words…and congrats yourself on being 40 pounds down!! That is AWESOME! I know that has to feel great. And, I love our connection about missions - that's just awesome. Are you involved in missions now or your folks still on the mission field?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Day I Threw Out the Scale

A week ago I parted ways with our bathroom scale. Adios. Kwaheri. So long. See ya later. It didn't say what I wanted it to...so I tossed it out. :) True statement. But, a bit more to it than that. In about 10 days time, I gained 5kg. Folks, that's 11 pounds. Honestly, it's just not possible. Ok, maybe it is possible in a certain setting. But, I wasn't eating food like that to gain that weight or it wasn't like I wasn't not working out. It didn't make sense. Lack of sleep. (Tried to nap today.  Kyle declares me the worst napper ever.  He says I'm worse when I nap.  Thanks, love.) Stress. Sick.  (Just found out that this nasty lingering cough/tiredness for the past 6-7 weeks all of us have had is walking pneumonia.) Maybe it was my RA meds?  I've been on them for a while but maybe something shifted and that caused the weight gain? Maybe something else? I don't know. It was so depressing to know I just dropp

How does she do it?

There was a movie years back with that title, I think. Basically wondering how a mom could balance all the different area of life and keep it looking pretty good. Here's the answer: she's not doing it all. It's just not possible to "have it all together". Gah. Why do I try? Because I'm human.  And I'm ridiculous.  And I think I can. My kids keep me in check most of the time. Oh mom, you wanted to blow dry your hair in the morning?  And have that extra time to shave your legs in the shower? Mom, you're crazy.  You are just hanging with us.  No need to dry your hair or shave your legs!  Plus, I need you to hurry up and get out of the shower and tell Daddy that I can have chocolate for breakfast.  Puh-lease! Somedays I wonder why I even have a beautiful dry erase board to write down all my tasks for the day.  They just don't get done. What do I do all day then?  Where does my time go? (We won't go here because most parents

A twist on taco night!

Oh. my. goodness. These honey-lime sweet potato, black bean, & corn tacos were DELISH. We ate it up so fast that I forgot to even take a picture of how lovely it was. Please, please, please make these.  So good. A couple changes we did though: We put the mixture of the potatoes, beans, & corn on a bed of lettuce (1 cup).   I decreased the amount of honey it calls for from 3 TBSP to 1 TBSP and it was still plenty sweet.  I think next time I might omit it altogether b/c the sweet potatoes are well…already sweet.   For the toppings, we skipped the cheese and topped with 1 TBSP homemade guacamole and 1 TBSP homemade salsa.   It was a quick meal too to make.  Bonus for busy nights.   For those of you that count calories…it was a bit over 300 calories (around 310) for 1 heaping cup of the bean/potato/corn mixture (actually 1 1/6 cups) plus 2 cups of lettuce and 2 TBSP of each homemade guacamole and salsa.  To make it feel like I had "seconds" - I did a