Skip to main content

Mommy, can we go to McDonalds?

What?

Did my 5 year old just ask me that?

How did he find out about McDonalds?

"Oh, buddy, what's that?"

(Yea, good one, mom...play dumb.)

"It's a place where you get a hot wheels car with a cheeseburger."

"Oh!"

"So, can we go?"

"Well, Andrew, the food there isn't very healthy and I can just go get you a hot wheels car at a toy store without buying food there."

"How did you learn about this place, buddy?"

"Youtube."

Of course ;)

Well...we made it 5 1/2 years without that conversation (which, of course, was bound to happen).  #becausekidsknowstuff

He asked us again tonight at dinner if we could go to McDonalds when we go to Singapore again (a frequent place for us when we have to leave our country because of visa issues).  I told him "ok, Andrew, if you want to go...I can take you and show you.  But, you know, they don't have hot wheels all the time...it's just certain times."

"But you said the food wasn't good.  Let's not go."

Whew.

Also, this past week our language teacher stunned me with these words: "oh, so you can eat vegetables raw...uncooked?"

:)

In other news, month 1 is over for the Shred program.  I'm restarting it tomorrow (and with another mama friend!).  Here's the details on the end of month one:

19.5 inches lost
8.7 pounds lost

And, I know I can do 165 pushups in one workout session.  The next day I went to do just like 25 and my body was like "what in the world are you doing to us?".

Things I learned:
1.  I still got it ;)
2.  Feeling strong is awesome.
3.  I especially love high carb day.
4.  Even repeating the same meals over and over (only because of not too many options here...not because meals weren't creative...Steph is awesome with meal planning!)...I've got the mind discipline to keep going!
5.  I need more sleep.  (Looking at you, Lydia Grace!)  This totally affects me in every way (including having more inflammation with my RA).
6. I'm considering adding some yoga or tai chi into my routine.  Some friends have been sharing benefits of it for dealing with an autoimmune disorder and stress.  Looking into it...
7. Drink as much water as you can!
8.  Best days this past month: hitting below pre-pregnancy weight and running for 40 mins (haven't done that in a while b/c of baby and RA).  

Round two begins in the morning.  Not looking to change too much from this past month - just do a repeat.  Keep the water intake going and complete all the workouts again.

#letsdothis



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Day I Threw Out the Scale

A week ago I parted ways with our bathroom scale. Adios. Kwaheri. So long. See ya later. It didn't say what I wanted it to...so I tossed it out. :) True statement. But, a bit more to it than that. In about 10 days time, I gained 5kg. Folks, that's 11 pounds. Honestly, it's just not possible. Ok, maybe it is possible in a certain setting. But, I wasn't eating food like that to gain that weight or it wasn't like I wasn't not working out. It didn't make sense. Lack of sleep. (Tried to nap today.  Kyle declares me the worst napper ever.  He says I'm worse when I nap.  Thanks, love.) Stress. Sick.  (Just found out that this nasty lingering cough/tiredness for the past 6-7 weeks all of us have had is walking pneumonia.) Maybe it was my RA meds?  I've been on them for a while but maybe something shifted and that caused the weight gain? Maybe something else? I don't know. It was so depressing to know I just dropp

How does she do it?

There was a movie years back with that title, I think. Basically wondering how a mom could balance all the different area of life and keep it looking pretty good. Here's the answer: she's not doing it all. It's just not possible to "have it all together". Gah. Why do I try? Because I'm human.  And I'm ridiculous.  And I think I can. My kids keep me in check most of the time. Oh mom, you wanted to blow dry your hair in the morning?  And have that extra time to shave your legs in the shower? Mom, you're crazy.  You are just hanging with us.  No need to dry your hair or shave your legs!  Plus, I need you to hurry up and get out of the shower and tell Daddy that I can have chocolate for breakfast.  Puh-lease! Somedays I wonder why I even have a beautiful dry erase board to write down all my tasks for the day.  They just don't get done. What do I do all day then?  Where does my time go? (We won't go here because most parents

A twist on taco night!

Oh. my. goodness. These honey-lime sweet potato, black bean, & corn tacos were DELISH. We ate it up so fast that I forgot to even take a picture of how lovely it was. Please, please, please make these.  So good. A couple changes we did though: We put the mixture of the potatoes, beans, & corn on a bed of lettuce (1 cup).   I decreased the amount of honey it calls for from 3 TBSP to 1 TBSP and it was still plenty sweet.  I think next time I might omit it altogether b/c the sweet potatoes are well…already sweet.   For the toppings, we skipped the cheese and topped with 1 TBSP homemade guacamole and 1 TBSP homemade salsa.   It was a quick meal too to make.  Bonus for busy nights.   For those of you that count calories…it was a bit over 300 calories (around 310) for 1 heaping cup of the bean/potato/corn mixture (actually 1 1/6 cups) plus 2 cups of lettuce and 2 TBSP of each homemade guacamole and salsa.  To make it feel like I had "seconds" - I did a